- Tuesday: the first day of the ISS Running Club! From tomorrow on, all are welcome to join Mr. Haines on the soccer field at 7:45 to get in a little physical activity before the school day starts. I really want to promote this as a good choice for your child's body and also for your child's school success. According to research, exercising in the morning spikes brain activity and prepares you for mental stresses for the rest of the day. It also increases retention of new information and helps you to have better reactions to complex situations. (http://www.brainhq.com/)
- Friday: Pillar of the Month Assembly for Respect, presented by 4th grade directly following morning circle.
- Next Week: Friday will be the last day of the 1st quarter! Report cards will go home on that day, there will be an assembly honoring all students who have had perfect attendance for the quarter, and 3rd grade will be presenting at morning circle.
- October Break: No school October 1st-October 11th
- Parent-Teacher conferences will be scheduled for Tuesday, October 11th. Please use the form on the website to let me know your preference for times.
Reading: Read for 15 minutes each day outside of school. Your goal this week is to learn 1-2 new words from the books you read at home. You will write these words on the "I Know My Word" worksheet and include the definition, a visual (that means a picture), the sentence where you found the word, and anything else you might know about the word...maybe a synonym, the same word in another language, or a different meaning of the word.