Wow! What an awesome first week of school! I can't believe just how well our wonderful group of students have adapted to their new 'school home' in Pre-K 3! Thank you to all of the parents and guardians for supporting their children through this time of transition. We are already off to a great start to the school year.
First of all, I must apologize! As I am quite new to the blog-scene, it seems as if my first post (about our first week of school) was not actually published. It is now, though, and you can expect to find more posts about what we are learning and doing in the classroom weekly.
Here is some helpful information about the upcoming week and current school year :
1. Our monthly newsletter is here! Please check the class website for a copy. Our theme of the month is friendship and we have lots of fun activities planned for the children. You will find some important dates listed there as well:).
2. Speaking of important dates....this upcoming Wednesday, September 3rd, Pre-K 4 will be hosting our monthly morning circle. The first Wednesday of every month, one of the PreK classes hosts a time of reading, singing, and a performance. We invite all parents to join us at 8:10 am in the gazebo. We look forward to seeing you there and sharing some special moments with you!
3. ISS has a new policy regarding arrivals and entries. All classroom doors will be closed until 7:50 am so that teachers can get their supplies and materials ready and organized for the day. At 7:50 am the doors will open and students can come inside the classroom as usual. We are sure that this new policy will enhance student learning.
4. If you have any old magazines or newspapers that you no longer need, Pre-K 3 would love to use them to do some collage work!
5. This week we will be learning about proper book handling, and taking care of our books. Feel free to ask your child how and why they take care of books the way they do.
6. Again, if you would like to sit down and talk some more about your child or the Pre-K3 program I am available every day from 3-3:30 pm after school and would love to meet with you:).
Have a great weekend and upcoming week!