- Christmas Baskets-- It is an ISS tradition to provide each of our hard-working support staff with a Christmas Basket. In order to do so, Pre-K 3 has been asked to contribute 1 gallon of oil. Please bring this item in early this week so that we can begin to fill the baskets. Thank you in advance for your generous contributions:)
- December Theme-- The December newsletter is ready! Our new theme is Christmas and Winter Fun. See the class website for more details :).
- Spirit Day-- This upcoming Friday is a spirit day. Students can come to school in regular clothing.
- Portfolio Conferences and Report Cards-- As you already know, our student-led portfolio conferences have been rescheduled. Please check your email for your new conference time and confirm whether or not the time works for you and your child. Thank you for your patience and flexibility!
- Holiday Presentation and Costumes-- On Friday, December 12 at 5 pm, your child will be performing a special dance at the school's holiday show. Please see the letter posted on our class website for details about your child's costume. We hope to have the costumes made this week, so receiving payments as soon as possible will help greatly. Thank you!
- Pre-K Christmas Party-- More details to come soon!
Hi everyone! Tomorrow is the first day of December and there are only two weeks and 2 days until Christmas vacation! Before then, though, we have a lot of learning and fun activities planned. Here are a few things to keep in mind before we break for the holidays.
On Friday, November 21st our preschool and grade 1 students came together to celebrate Mason's special day! Here are a few photos of some of the birthday fun.
Today we read a great story about a very special family. The book is called, Jonathan and His Mommy, and it features a mother and her son, making memories together by moving around the neighborhood in different ways. After reading the story the first time, the class had some fun moving around the classroom in the different ways that Jonathan and his Mommy do in the story! If you would like to give it a try at home, just watch the video below with your child and join in. Have a wonderful weekend!
Yesterday was our last day working on our 5 senses theme. We explored some gummy candies using all of our senses, and made some fun shaker instruments! Everyone had a blast:). Here are a few pictures of the day.
Hello all! Just wanted to remind everyone about the importance of arriving on time for school each morning. The morning is a key learning time for the children, so having them arrive on time helps them to start the day off right:). For more information, please click on the file morning arrivals under 'helpful links'. Hope you all have a great day!!
This past week has been full of fun for our Pre-K 3 class! On Wednesday we took an exciting trip to Sea Horse Ranch. Students rode ponies, swam in the pool, had a lovely picnic, and explored the ocean shore where they found many interesting creatures! We reflected on all of the sensory experiences that we had on our field-trip too. There was so much to enjoy! Thank you to all of the parent volunteers who generously shared their time with us. We greatly appreciate all of your help and supervision on these special days. Thursday afternoon was a time for eating Halloween treats (thank you Nadine for baking some delicious cookies for Pre-K!); our Pre-K costume parade where our students could show-off their amazing costumes; and the day finished off with a fun fun-fair!
Our month of learning about the 5 senses is about to come to an end on Monday after a few final learning experiences. On Tuesday we will begin to learn about FAMILIES (see newsletter for more details). Please send in a family photo with your child so that we can begin to talk about our families this week.
Hello! My name is Ashley Saunders and I am the PreK-4 Teacher here at the International School of Sosua! I love working with young children and living in this tropical paradise.