Our Pre-K3 Program
At this stage, we will work on developing curiosity with STEM and sensory skills. We will use show and tell and other activities to enhance oral communication skills. Students will also engage in small group and center time activities to motivate creative and critical-thinking; build a love of learning; and develop social skills. In Pre-K3, we encourage learning through play, discovery, and exploration. Every month we will send home a newsletter telling you our themes of the month and letting you know what we will be learning about. I will also communicate student learning through our class website. This first month is going to be an exciting one as I help the children settle into their new surroundings and routines. We will also focus on getting to know each other and making new friends.
QUARTER 3 LEARNING: ANIMALS
During our second quarter in PreK3, we will be learning all about Animals!
- We will identify rhyming words in songs and chants
- We will work with some letters especially those from their own names
- We will practice retelling stories with the use of pictures and props, learned from nonfiction text
- We will learn lots of animal vocabulary words
Math skills :
- We will practice counting out sets of objects (all the way up to 10!)
- We will recognize and name, without counting small groups of objects
- We will learn to say or sign the number sequence up to at least 9
- We will continue to work with positional vocabulary words to describe the location objects
- We will work with measurement vocabulary
- We will begin to learn about how animals and humans change over time
- We will explore how animals depend upon their environment for food, water and shelter
All About Ms. Wanda
I would like to introduce myself; my name is Ms. Wanda Ventura. This is my fourth year in PreK3 after teaching in PreK2 for eighteen years. I am Dominican and I have a wonderful family with three children. I have been a teacher at ISS for twenty one years. I received my Bachelor of Language Arts in Spanish at Utesa in 2004, graduated from North American Montessori in 2010, and I have also completed my Early Childhood Education Masters in 2015.
PRE-K 3 SCHEDULE 2019-20