QUARTER 3 LEARNING: Bugs and Insects!
* Gather data by drawing, counting or otherwise documenting observations
* Demonstrate an understanding of how living things grow and change through predictable stages
* Demonstrate an understanding of the basic relationship of money for the purchase of food, goods and services
* Begin to be aware of technology and how it affects life
English Language Arts:
* Identify the main idea of a text
* Identify key details from a story or informational text
* Read some familiar and unfamiliar printed words out of context
* Make connections between letters and sounds (Aa-Zz)
* Retell a familiar story with prompting and support
* Recognize and name, without counting, the number of objects in collections of up to at least five items
* Compare sets of up to 10 objects using a visual matching or counting strategy and describe the comparison as more, less than or the same
* Compare the measurable attributes of two or more objects and describes the comparison using appropriate vocabulary
* Count up to 10 objects using one-to-one correspondence, regardless of configuration, using the number name of the last object counted to represent the total number of objects in a set
* Use real-world situations and concrete objects to model and solve addition problems up through five
2019-2020 SUPPLY LIST!
Meet the teacher
Welcome to PreK4 everyone! My name is Ms. Ashley and I am very excited about getting to know your child this year. This will be my 13th year teaching after graduating from the Queen's-Trent Concurrent Education program. I am originally from Canada, but the Dominican Republic is now my home. I love living in this tropical paradise with my husband and two boys, Ryan and Aaron. When I am not in the classroom, I enjoy reading and spending time at the pool and the beach with my family.