QUARTER 3 LEARNING: Bugs and Insects!
* Gather data by drawing, counting or otherwise documenting observations
* Demonstrate an understanding of how living things grow and change through predictable stages
* Demonstrate an understanding of the basic relationship of money for the purchase of food, goods and services
* Begin to be aware of technology and how it affects life
English Language Arts:
* Identify the main idea of a text
* Identify key details from a story or informational text
* Read some familiar and unfamiliar printed words out of context
* Make connections between letters and sounds (Aa-Zz)
* Retell a familiar story with prompting and support
* Recognize and name, without counting, the number of objects in collections of up to at least five items
* Compare sets of up to 10 objects using a visual matching or counting strategy and describe the comparison as more, less than or the same
* Compare the measurable attributes of two or more objects and describes the comparison using appropriate vocabulary
* Count up to 10 objects using one-to-one correspondence, regardless of configuration, using the number name of the last object counted to represent the total number of objects in a set
* Use real-world situations and concrete objects to model and solve addition problems up through five
Here are some fun games and resources to reinforce some of the concepts we are working with in the classroom. Happy learning PreK4 friends!
Meet the teacher
Welcome to PreK4 everyone! My name is Ms. Ashley and I am very excited about getting to know your child this year. This will be my 13th year teaching after graduating from the Queen's-Trent Concurrent Education program. I am originally from Canada, but the Dominican Republic is now my home. I love living in this tropical paradise with my husband and two boys, Ryan and Aaron. When I am not in the classroom, I enjoy reading and spending time at the pool and the beach with my family.